Lilypie

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Missing Data Plan

When I bought my smartphone recently, it was with the intention of being able to surf overseas. A few days before my trip, I activated the overseas data roaming which my service provider confirmed. However, when I arrived in Australia, I found that I could not surf at all! What is the use of an overseas roaming plan if I could not even surf? Which means I could not even use the free messaging system that just about every smartphone user is using, so I could not text my brother or my cousin! I had to use the normal text messaging, which would incur charges on both sides.
 
So I called my service provider, and guess what I was told? Apparently, the promotion does not cover Australia, and if I wanted to activate the roaming service in Australia, I would need to pay a flat fee of S$100.00, and the data transfer would be kept at twenty five MB, as it would be a pay for use. It was so totally not worth it since I was going to be in Australia for nine days!
 
In the end, I had to use the normal text messaging. But as soon as possible, I bought a local Australian number, and that made things easier whenever I need to call and text. I hope my service provider does not charge me for any data plan, because if they do, I will give them a real earful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...