Lilypie

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hello, Kitty!

I went on a day trip to Hello Kitty Town today. The package includes a two-way coach ride, entrance to Hello Kitty Town, and a dinner at Lat's Place, bought via Groupon.
 
Hello Kitty Town is situated at Puteri Harbour. The place is in a building next to Trader's Hotel that resembles a factory building. When we enter, we turn left and it is Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club on the left, and Toys R Us on the right. If we turn right from the entrance, it will be Lat's Place.
 
I took the coach at half past nine in the morning, and reached the place close to eleven. It does not take that long to reach. Since I was starving, I decided to take a bite first before going into Hello Kitty Town. Since it was a kiddy place, even the food is mini size for kids.

 The front entrance

 The cafe
 
 I like the tables and chairs!
 
 The ceiling of the cafe
 
 Even the napkin is cute!
 
My order of fried noodles with chicken
 
After eating, I went into the theme park proper, which I have reviewed here. I did not expect the place to be so small. I guess for people with kids, it will be more fruitful as the kids would be able to do the activities. But since I have no kids, I only explored the place without participating in any of the activities. Hence I was in and out of the place in less than two hours.
 
It was only half past twelve when I left the place. The included dinner was at six and the restaurant was just next door. Since I had so much time, I decided to take a cab to Johor Bahru town to hang out at City Square Mall. I caught a movie (Saving General Yang) and ate a waffle as a snack.
 
After that, I did some window shopping before taking a cab back to Puteri Harbour. When I arrived back there, I decided to go down the stairs to the ground level promenade, and was surprised to see a marina. It seems that the whole factory-like building is built behind a marina, with nice looking yachts!
 




 
Incidentally, the place seems to be very popular for wedding photoshoots. I saw at least three couples taking their wedding shoots around the vicinity.
 
After exploring the marina, I went to Lat's Place where I had a very unique fine dining experience, Malaysia style.
 
It was an interesting trip, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I have kids as the whole place is very kiddy. Perhaps when I have my own kids I would bring them back here again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...